- You can email me at jason(at)jasonjuta.com
- Prints are available at jasonjuta.redbubble.com
I’ve been a full-time freelance illustrator since 2009, working in the gaming, historical and young readers fields, based in London, UK.
I’m also the art director and layout artist at Mindjammer Press, a small but vibrant company that publishes the critically acclaimed Mindjammer roleplaying game.
I focus on digital painting, but am also experienced with complex photo-manipulation. I also have five years of experience as a 2D and 3D artist in the games industry, with Firefly Studios. I’ve worked on popular properties like Star Wars, Marvel Comics, Middle Earth, Warhammer and Dungeons & Dragons. My clients include Fantasy Flight Games, Wizards of the Coast /Hasbro, Upper Deck, Medieval Warfare Magazine, Paizo, Benchmark and Capstone Publishing. I also fully illustrated Llewellyn’s world famous 2021 astrology calendar.
I love history, fantasy, space, and take my telescope out as often as I can. The highlight so far has been watching Saturn, Jupiter and the Galilean moons. I’m also a keen model painter, Lego enthusiast and gamer, when I can find the time.
- As the Art Director of Iron GM Games, I came upon a particular work of Jason’s and enquired about hiring him immediately. He’s proven himself to be a fantastic artist who always delivers so quickly that I could place three art orders with him at once and get them all back and ready for printing in the time it takes some of my artists to find a comfortable chair. While I understand that everyone has their own preferred pace when creating, I always know that when I’m in a real bind with a deadline of my own that Jason is the one person I can go to who will get me what I need, fast and of the highest quality. At this point, I’m not sure how many of my emails to him have ended with “You are a lifesaver!” – Rone Barton (Co-Owner at Iron GM Games)
- “I can’t recommend Jason enough as an amazingly talented and skilled artist. I worked with him as a model creating fantasy images which were published in a high quality calendar. His talent is exceptional. He’s also a real gentleman and very professional. Jason has great vision and imagination and works very fast which astonished me as the quality of his work is truly stunning. A great working experience.” – Bella White (Model, Actress, Artist, Sculptor, Writer, Sword & Armour Scholar)
- “Jason is not only a great artist but he has incredible ideas. He made my job at Firefly easy and his work had such a huge influence on the art direction there.
He is an immensely creative individual who constantly inspires creativity. Jason encouraged the entire art team to think outside of the box and always pushed them to go that little bit further. He was a joy to work with and I look forward to working with his wonderful skills and imagination on future projects.” – Darren White (Art Director at Slightly Mad Studios)
- “Jason’s ability to create concept art and beautiful illustrations is clearly the result of a dedication and a passion to the art. Every lunch time a new painting! When it comes to demands from the art director, Jason is quick, direct and very disciplined. His artwork has depth, mood and clarity. I would not hesitate to recommend Jason for any company that needs tight and quality images produced to a professional standard.” – Nathan McKenna (Emmy award winning freelance Illustrator, Concept Artist, Matte Painter)